SHOWTIME SCHEDULING UPDATE
Amid the ongoing fluctuations in production operations due to the COVID-19 virus, SHOWTIME is making the following changes to the schedule for its scripted content and is also announcing the acquisition of a series:
- SHOWTIME has picked up the six-episode drama WE HUNT TOGETHER, an hour-long series from BBC Studios starring Eve Myles (Keeping Faith, Torchwood), Babou Ceesay (GUERRILLA), Hermione Corfield (Star Wars: The Last Jedi) and Dipo Ola (Baghdad Central, Inside No. 9). A gripping twist on a classic cat-and-mouse story, WE HUNT TOGETHER explores the intoxication of sexual attraction and the dangerous power of emotional manipulation. As two conflicted detectives (Myles and Ceesay) track down a pair of deadly killers (Corfield and Ola), the series reveals how finding a volatile form of solace in another can have dire consequences. Written by Gaby Hull and directed by Carl Tibbetts, WE HUNT TOGETHER will premiere on SHOWTIME on Sunday, August 9 at 10 p.m.
- THE COMEY RULE, starring Emmy® winners Jeff Daniels as former FBI Director James Comey and Brendan Gleeson as President Donald J. Trump, will air on consecutive nights: Sunday, September 27 and Monday, September 28 at 9 p.m. Adapted for the screen and directed by Oscar® nominated screenwriter Billy Ray, the two-part, four-hour limited series is an immersive, behind-the-headlines account of the historically turbulent events surrounding the 2016 presidential election and its aftermath, which divided a nation.
- THE GOOD LORD BIRD, starring Oscar® nominee Ethan Hawke as John Brown and Joshua Caleb Johnson, will premiere on Sunday, October 4 at 9 p.m. Based upon the National Book Award-winning novel by James McBride, THE GOOD LORD BIRD is told from the point of view of Onion (Johnson), a fictional enslaved boy who becomes a member of Brown’s motley family of abolitionist soldiers and eventually finds himself participating in the famous 1859 raid at Harpers Ferry. THE GOOD LORD BIRD uniquely and unpredictably spotlights the complicated racial, religious and gender roles that make up the American identity.
In addition, SHOWTIME is making the following schedule additions and changes with its non-fiction content:
- THE COMEDY STORE (w.t.), comedian-turned-director Mike Binder’s five-part documentary series that chronicles the evolution of comedy from within the walls of the iconic L.A. club, will premiere on Sunday, October 4 at 10 p.m.
- THE REAGANS, director Matt Tyrnauer’s four-part documentary series that explores the many surprisingly unexamined aspects of the Reagan White House, and how Nancy Reagan’s paper-doll image was at odds with the power she ultimately wielded throughout her husband’s presidency, will premiere Sunday, November 15 at 8 p.m.
- BELUSHI, director R.J. Cutler’s feature documentary examining the too-short life of the once-in-a-generation talent John Belushi, who captured the hearts and funny bones of devoted audiences, will premiere Sunday, November 22 at 9 p.m.
# # #