SHOWTIME LAUNCHES FREE PREVIEW ON THE APPLE TV APP AND ADDITIONAL PLATFORMS
Other Participating Distributors Include Cox Communications, Mediacom, Liberty Communications of PR, Breezeline, Hotwire Communications, WOW!, Cincinnati Bell (now altafiber), TDS, BendBroadband, Service Electric Cablevision, Service Electric Cable TV & Communications, Buckeye Broadband and More in 157 Markets Across the U.S.
NEW YORK – April 29, 2022 – SHOWTIME today launches a Free Preview with select distributors through Monday, May 2. Viewers can now access the network's award-winning programming on the Apple TV app for free — no subscription necessary. Viewers can simply visit apple.co/Showtime on iPhone, iPad or Mac to be directed right to the Free Preview, log in with their Apple ID*, and press play. Viewers can also watch the SHOWTIME Free Preview on the Apple TV app on Apple TV 4K and HD, or supported smart TVs, gaming consoles, and cable set-top boxes.
The SHOWTIME Free Preview is also available on other participating distributors, including Cox Communications, Mediacom, Liberty Communications of PR, Breezeline, Hotwire Communications, WOW!, Cincinnati Bell (now altafiber), TDS, BendBroadband, Service Electric Cablevision, Service Electric Cable TV & Communications, Buckeye Broadband and more in 157 markets across the U.S.
The Free Preview weekend gives viewers an all-access pass to the premiere of original comedy series I LOVE THAT FOR YOU, recently launched titles including anthology drama series THE FIRST LADY starring Oscar®, Emmy® and Tony winner Viola Davis as former first lady Michelle Obama, Oscar and Emmy nominee Michelle Pfeiffer as Betty Ford and Emmy and Screen Actors Guild winner Gillian Anderson as Eleanor Roosevelt and drama series THE MAN WHO FELL TO EARTH starring Oscar nominees Chiwetel Ejiofor and Naomie Harris, as well as the premiere of the second season of late-night series ZIWE. Viewers can also stream critically acclaimed premium shows such as beloved special event series DEXTER®: NEW BLOOD and hit dramas YELLOWJACKETS, BILLIONS®, SUPER PUMPED and many others. SHOWTIME hits include:
- THE FIRST LADY is a revelatory reframing of American leadership, told through the lens of the women at the heart of the White House. In the government’s East Wing, many of history’s most impactful and world-changing decisions have been hidden from view, made by America's charismatic, complex and dynamic first ladies. The series peels back the curtain on the personal and political lives of three unique, enigmatic women and their families, and traces their journeys to Washington, dips into their pasts and follows them past the White House into their greatest moments. Season one stars Oscar®, Emmy® and Tony winner Viola Davis (Ma Rainey's Black Bottom), who also executive produces, as former first lady Michelle Obama, Oscar and Emmy nominee Michelle Pfeiffer (French Exit) as Betty Ford and Emmy and Screen Actors Guild winner Gillian Anderson (The Crown) as Eleanor Roosevelt. Produced by Lionsgate Television for SHOWTIME, the 10-episode series is executive produced by Oscar winner Cathy Schulman (Crash), who also serves as showrunner, and Oscar winner Susanne Bier (The Undoing), who directs all of season one.
- Based on the Walter Tevis novel of the same name and the iconic film that starred David Bowie, THE MAN WHO FELL TO EARTH follows a new alien character played by Oscar nominee Chiwetel Ejiofor who arrives on Earth at a turning point in human evolution and must confront his own past to determine our future. The new series also stars Oscar nominee Naomie Harris as Justin Falls, a brilliant scientist and engineer who must conquer her own demons in the race to save two worlds. Additional stars include Jimmi Simpson, Sonya Cassidy, Joana Ribeiro, Annelle Olaleye, with Rob Delaney, with Clarke Peters and Bill Nighy, THE MAN WHO FELL TO EARTH is executive produced by Alex Kurtzman, Jenny Lumet, John Hlavin, Sarah Timberman, Carl Beverly, Heather Kadin, Aaron Baiers, Chiwetel Ejiofor and STUDIOCANAL’s Rola Bauer and Françoise Guyonnet.
- Inspired by Vanessa Bayer’s own story of overcoming childhood leukemia, I LOVE THAT FOR YOU premieres today on streaming and on demand for all SHOWTIME subscribers. The series centers on Joanna Gold, played by Bayer, who dreams of becoming a TV host at a home-shopping channel. As she works to shed her life-long label as "that cancer girl," she moves away from her parents, starts a budding romance for the first time in her adult life and forms a meaningful friendship with her idol, Jackie, played by Molly Shannon, the charismatic star of the network, all against the backdrop of a highly competitive workplace where people play dirty to succeed. Jennifer Lewis plays Patricia, the icy, enigmatic founder and CEO of the popular home shopping network. I LOVE THAT FOR YOU is co-created and executive produced by Bayer and Emmy nominee and two-time Peabody winner Jeremy Beiler (Saturday Night Live). Emmy and Peabody winner Jessi Klein (Inside Amy Schumer) will serve as showrunner and executive producer along with Michael Showalter (Wet Hot American Summer). Megan Ellison and Sue Naegle of Annapurna, Jordana Mollick of Semi-Formal and Allyce Ozarski also serve as executive producers.
- The second season of ZIWE, the critically acclaimed late-night variety series, starring and executive produced by Ziwe (Dickinson, Succession, The Great North) premieres today with all-new interviews, musical numbers, guest stars, sketches and more on streaming and on demand for all SHOWTIME subscribers. Ziwe’s signature, provocative interviews return with guests including Charlamagne Tha God, Chet Hanks, Emily Ratajkowski, Ilana Glazer, Hannibal Buress, Nicole Byer, Mia Kalifa, Adam Pally and Deux Moi, along with special appearances by Jane Krakowski and Luann de Lesseps. ZIWE is produced by A24 for SHOWTIME. In addition to Ziwe, Jamund Washington, Jo Firestone and Hunter Speese serve as executive producers.
- Equal parts survival epic, psychological horror story and coming-of-age drama, YELLOWJACKETS is the saga of a team of wildly talented high school girls’ soccer players who become the (un)lucky survivors of a plane crash deep in the remote northern wilderness. The series chronicles their descent from a complicated but thriving team to savage clans, while also tracking the lives they’ve attempted to piece back together nearly 25 years later, proving that the past is never really past and what began out in the wilderness is far from over. Created by Ashley Lyle and Bart Nickerson (Narcos), YELLOWJACKETS stars Melanie Lynskey (Castle Rock), Tawny Cypress (Unforgettable), with Emmy nominee Christina Ricci (Z: The Beginning of Everything) and Oscar and Emmy nominee Juliette Lewis (Camping). Both the series and Lynskey have received Critics’ Choice nominations, with Lynskey winning for Best Actress in a Drama Series. Season one also stars Ella Purnell (Sweetbitter), Samantha Hanratty (SHAMELESS), Sophie Thatcher (Prospect), Jasmin Savoy Brown (The Leftovers), Sophie Nélisse (The Book Thief), Steven Krueger (The Originals) and Warren Kole (Shades of Blue). Produced for SHOWTIME by studio Entertainment One (eOne), YELLOWJACKETS is executive produced by Lyle, Nickerson and fellow showrunner Jonathan Lisco. Karyn Kusama also executive produced and directed the pilot. Drew Comins of Creative Engine also serves as executive producer.
- DEXTER®: NEW BLOOD stars Emmy nominee Michael C. Hall as America’s favorite serial killer, Dexter Morgan. Set 10 years after Dexter went missing in the eye of Hurricane Laura, DEXTER®: NEW BLOOD found him living under an assumed name in the fictional small town of Iron Lake, New York. Dexter may have been embracing his new life, but in the wake of unexpected events in this close-knit community, his Dark Passenger inevitably beckons. The original eight-season run of the original DEXTER premiered in the fall of 2006 and became one of the most acclaimed series on television, earning multiple Emmy nominations for best television drama series as well as a prestigious Peabody Award in 2008, and was twice named one of AFI’s top 10 television series. When Special Event Series DEXTER®: NEW BLOOD premiered in the fall of 2021, it shattered viewership records for SHOWTIME to become the most-watched series in its history. The cast also features Jennifer Carpenter (DEXTER), Julia Jones (The Mandalorian), Jack Alcott (THE GOOD LORD BIRD), Alano Miller (Sylvie’s Love), Johnny Sequoyah (Believe) and Clancy Brown (The Crown, BILLIONS®). Produced by SHOWTIME, DEXTER®: NEW BLOOD is executive produced by Clyde Phillips, Michael C. Hall, Scott Reynolds, Marcos Siega, Bill Carraro, John Goldwyn and Sara Colleton.
- In season six of BILLIONS, the dust from the prior season clears to reveal a world that has evolved. With Axe (Damian Lewis) gone and Michael Prince (Corey Stoll) assuming his place, Chuck (Paul Giamatti) must develop a new strategy that is keener and more sophisticated than before. All the players, including Wags (David Costabile), Wendy (Maggie Siff), Taylor (Asia Kate Dillon), Sacker (Condola Rashad) and Senior (Jeffrey DeMunn), must sharpen their weapons and look for new alliances in order to survive. The ground is ever shifting, and the stakes are absolute. The series is created and executive produced by showrunners Brian Koppelman and David Levien. Season six is also executive produced by Beth Schacter. The series is also co-created by Andrew Ross Sorkin. Daniel Breaker (Girls5eva), who plays Scooter, the brilliant and locked down Chief of Staff for Prince (Stoll), has been upped to series regular and Sakina Jaffrey who plays Daevisha ‘Dave’ Mahar, a dogged defense attorney joins as series regular.
- SUPER PUMPED: THE BATTLE FOR UBER tells the story of one of Silicon Valley’s most successful and most destructive unicorns, Uber. Pivoting on Travis Kalanick (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) and his sometimes-tumultuous relationship with his mentor Bill Gurley (Kyle Chandler), the SHOWTIME series depicts the roller-coaster ride of the upstart transportation company, embodying the highs and lows of Silicon Valley. Uma Thurman stars as Arianna Huffington, the savvy businesswoman and co-founder of The Huffington Post, who was an Uber board member. Even amid the radical upheaval generated within the global tech capital, Uber stands out as both a marvel and a cautionary tale, featuring internal and external battles that ripple with unpredictable consequences. SUPER PUMPED is the first installment of an anthology series in which each season explores a story that rocked the business world to its core and changed culture.
*For more information about creating an Apple ID, visit https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204316.
Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI), a wholly owned subsidiary of Paramount, owns and operates the premium service SHOWTIME®, which features critically acclaimed original series, provocative documentaries, box-office hit films, comedy and music specials and hard-hitting sports. SHOWTIME is available as a stand-alone streaming service across all major streaming devices and Showtime.com, as well as via cable, DBS, telco and streaming video providers. SNI also operates the premium services THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, as well as on demand versions of all three brands. SNI markets and distributes sports and entertainment events for exhibition to subscribers on a pay-per-view basis through SHOWTIME PPV®. For more information, go to www.SHO.com.
# # #