SHOWTIME DEBUTS OFFICIAL TRAILER FOR WACO: THE AFTERMATH
SHOWTIME® DEBUTS OFFICIAL TRAILER FOR WACO: THE AFTERMATH
Coincides with the Commencement of the Siege 30 Years Ago Today
Additional Cast Includes Shea Whigham, Annika Marks, Michael Vincent Berry, Alex Breaux, Michael Cassidy, Gary Cole, Nicholas Kolev, Michael Luwoye, Kieran Mulcare, Kali Rocha and Sasheer Zamata
NEW YORK – February 28, 2023 – Marking the 30th anniversary of the beginning of the infamous 51-day standoff at Mt. Carmel in Waco, Texas, SHOWTIME announced today the official trailer for WACO: THE AFTERMATH. The five episodes will debut on streaming and on demand for all SHOWTIME subscribers on Friday, April 14, before making their on-air debut on Sunday, April 16 at 10 p.m. ET/PT.
To watch and share the trailer, visit: https://youtu.be/FYjXrMp_ElM
Additional cast starring in WACO: THE AFTERMATH include:
· Shea Whigham (Boardwalk Empire) will reprise his role as Mitch Decker, Noesner’s colleague in the FBI who managed the situation at Waco leading up to the tragic siege
· Annika Marks (WACO) will reprise her role as Kathy Schroeder, one of the surviving Branch Davidians who was also called upon to testify
· Michael Vincent Berry (Better Call Saul) will play George Roden, one of the early leaders of the Davidian sect
· Alex Breaux (See) will play Timothy McVeigh, notorious domestic terrorist
· Michael Cassidy (The O.C.) will play Bill Johnston, the lead prosecutor in the trial of the Branch Davidians
· Gary Cole (Veep) will play Gordon Novel, an intense, private investigator
· Nicholas Kolev (NCIS: Los Angeles) will play Paul Fatta, another one of the Davidians on trial after the Waco siege
· Michael Luwoye (Emancipation) will play Livingstone Fagan, an extremely bright biblical scholar and one of the surviving Branch Davidians on trial
· Kieran Mulcare (Jessica Jones) plays Terry Nichols, a friend and co-conspirator of Timothy McVeigh. Nichols is considered an American domestic terrorist who was convicted of being an accomplice in the Oklahoma City bombing.
· Kali Rocha (Liv and Maddie) will play Ruth Riddle, one of the Branch Davidian survivors facing trial and the possibility of life in jail
· Sasheer Zamata (Saturday Night Live) will play Angie Graham, a smart, experienced ATF agent
Previously announced cast includes Oscar® nominee Michael Shannon (GEORGE & TAMMY), Emmy® and Tony winner John Leguizamo (When They See Us) who received an Emmy Award for this role, Emmy nominee Giovanni Ribisi (The Offer), David Costabile (BILLIONS®), J. Smith Cameron (Succession), John Hoogenakker (Dopesick), Keean Johnson (Euphoria), and Abbey Lee (Lovecraft Country).
WACO: THE AFTERMATH focuses on the fallout of the Waco disaster: the trials of the surviving members of the Branch Davidian sect and the rise of homegrown terrorist, Timothy McVeigh. The five-episode limited series also provides a broader context for the escalation of the American militia movement, which foreshadows the infamous attacks of the Oklahoma City bombing and the storming of the U.S. Capitol on January 6.
Returning creators and showrunners Drew Dowdle and John Erick Dowdle direct all five episodes and executive produce the limited series alongside Michael Shannon, Taylor Kitsch, Andrew Gettens and Lauren Mackenzie. Also serving as executive producers are David C. Glasser, David Hutkin, Bob Yari and Ron Burkle of 101 Studios, as well as Gary Barber of Spyglass.
About Showtime Networks Inc.:
Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI), a wholly owned subsidiary of Paramount, owns and operates the premium service SHOWTIME®, which features critically acclaimed original series, provocative documentaries, box-office hit films, comedy and music specials and hard-hitting sports. SHOWTIME is available as a stand-alone streaming service across all major streaming devices and Showtime.com, as well as via cable, DBS, telco and streaming video providers. SNI also operates the premium services THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, as well as on demand versions of all three brands. SNI markets and distributes sports and entertainment events for exhibition to subscribers on a pay-per-view basis through SHOWTIME PPV®. For more information, go to www.SHO.com.
About Paramount Media Networks & MTV Entertainment Studios:
Paramount Media Networks & MTV Entertainment Studios is one of the preeminent media entities in the world that connects with global audiences through its iconic brands – MTV, Comedy Central, CMT, Pop, Logo, The Smithsonian Channel, Paramount Network and TV Land – and its Studios arm which produces acclaimed series and movies as well as award-winning documentaries through MTV Documentary Films.
About 101 Studios:
101 Studios is a global entertainment company dedicated to the acquisition, financing, development, production and distribution of high-caliber, creator-driven storytelling. 101 empowers content creators, through first-class collaboration and innovation, in scripted and unscripted productions. On the television side, 101 produces Taylor Sheridan's Emmy nominated series Yellowstone, Mayor of Kingstown, 1883, GEORGE & TAMMY, Tulsa King, 1923 and the upcoming Lioness and Bass Reeves. 101 Studios oversees and manages the newly formed Sports Illustrated Studios, a content platform based on the most compelling stories, characters and moments in sports past, present and future. Upcoming projects include Paradise Found based on the true story of high school football coach Rick Prinz; a docuseries about the sexual abuse and cover-up at Ohio State University, co-produced by George Clooney and Grant Heslov's Smokehouse Pictures; and the docuseries Covers, a behind-the-scenes look at Sports Illustrated's top cover stories of all time. SI Studios has also exclusively partnered with iHeartMedia to create and distribute original podcasts through the iHeartPodcast network. On the film side, past releases include The Current War: Director's Cut, the Sundance Audience award winner Burden as well as the family comedy The War with Grandpa. and the upcoming Finestkind. On the consumer side, 101 Studios is a founding partner of ShopTheScenes.com which is revolutionizing the entertainment retail industry by giving customers the chance to purchase authentic products inspired by the shows they watch and love. Additionally, 101 Studios’ Brand Division works with retailers to bring in-show experiences to life for fans.
Nicole Elice: firstname.lastname@example.org
Todd Shipkey: email@example.com
MTV Entertainment Studios Contacts:
Lauren Nowell: Lauren.Nowell@paramount.com
Nicole Platt: Nicole.Platt@paramount.com
Renee Oliver: Renee.Oliver@paramount.com
Nicole Elice310.234.5218 firstname.lastname@example.org