Due to limited space and restrictions, media credentials for the below events will be APPROVED in advance of the event date and by invitation only. If you do not have a specific confirmation, you will be unable to attend the below events. Your rsvp does not grant you access into the below – you must receive and provide a written confirmation on event day.
Club Novo Concerts
Sprite Celebrity Basketball Game
For the FREE BET Fan Fest, media WILL be required to RSVP in advance as space is limited and access will be granted only with a wristband and ONTIME arrival. Please note that while we do our best to accommodate requests, access to the Fan Fest specific events including Genius Talks are first come first serve, unless otherwise noted.
All confirmed media should check-in on site at the Los Angeles Convention Center. Check-in will be at designated media locations on site at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
Note: Please arrive early to all activations/events you are interested in attending to avoid capacity limitations. We will not be authorized to allow entry once capacity is reached.
For any media inquiries, please contact BET@dkcnews.com and email@example.com.
BET AWARDS ’16 SHOW FOOTAGE USAGE RULES
The following stipulations govern usage of all direct telecast footage from the BET AWARDS ’16 telecast, which premieres on Sunday, June 26 at
8 P.M.* ET/7 P.M.* CT:
- Maximum of 90 seconds within the first 24 hours of the premiere telecast
- Maximum of 60 seconds 24 to 36 hours after the premiere telecast
- Maximum of 30 seconds 36 to 72 hours after the premiere
Outside of the first 72-hour window of the premiere telecast, please contact BET Corporate Communications at 212-205-3264
LIVE STREAMING: Maintaining a live video stream, sharing or posting a live stream while reporting is not allowed from the red carpet or press lounge.
News programs and services may excerpt portions of the “2016 BET Awards” telecast during the seven days following the live telecast on June 26, 2016 solely for reporting about the “2016 BET Awards” as an event and subject to the following conditions.
- Up to three minutes in total, but no more than thirty seconds of any single moment or performance, may be used within the period ending the first day following the telecast.
- Up to one minute in total, not separate from the three minutes referenced above and no more than thirty seconds of any single moment or performance, may be used within the period of the second through seventh days following the telecast.
- Any display, exhibition or performance of the material must be accompanied by the chyron, “Courtesy of BET”.
- BET Networks provides video and photo assets of full show moments and performances here.
- Otherwise, up to thirty seconds of any single moment or performance may be used as part of a wrap-up package through the seventh day following the telecast (For purposes of clarification you may NOT use portions of the 2016 BET Awards as standalone video assets).
- Any display, exhibition or performance of the material must be accompanied by the chyron, “Courtesy of BET”, and a link to www.bet.com