“NFL ON CBS” CONTINUES STRONG START TO SEASON WITH IMPRESSIVE WEEK 2 VIEWERSHIP
CBS’ National Game Window Averages 24.291 Million Viewers, Up +28%;
Regional Window Scores 14.179 Million Viewers, Up +44%
Week 2 Delivers CBS’ Best Doubleheader Average in September in Seven Years
THE NFL ON CBS continues its strong start to the season with its Week 2 viewership on Sunday, Sept. 19 averaging 24.291 million viewers in the national 4:25 PM, ET window, up +28% from Week 2 last season.
● Highlighted by Dallas’ last-second win over the L.A. Chargers and Tennessee’s overtime win over Seattle, the 4:25 PM, ET game window is CBS’s most-watched national game window in September since 2014 (Seattle-Denver, 27.296 million; 9/21/14).
And, it is the week’s most-watched program on television.
● Viewership for the regional 1:00 PM, ET game window delivered an average of 14.179 million viewers, up +44% from Week 2 last season. The early window was highlighted by Las Vegas-Pittsburgh as the high coverage game.
● THE NFL ON CBS’ doubleheader averaged 19.290 million viewers, up +33% from last season’s Week 2 and is CBS’ best doubleheader average in September since 2014 (21.458 million on 9/21/14).
● After two weeks of the NFL season, CBS’ average viewership is 17.927 million viewers, making it the highest viewer average on CBS for the first two weeks of the regular-season since 2015 (18.176 million in 2015).
● Paramount+, featuring live NFL ON CBS local market games, scored an NFL regular-season viewership record for game minutes consumed for the second consecutive week while registering double-digit year-over-year growth in unique devices and streams from Week 2, 2020. Additionally, Sunday's Dallas Cowboys vs. L.A. Chargers game saw the most streamed minutes for an NFL regular-season contest ever on the service.
* * * * *
CBS Sports Contacts:
Jerry Caraccioli 212/975-7466 firstname.lastname@example.org
Walt Scher 212/975-4772 email@example.com